|The Sheriff's House at the corner of South Washington Street and Cherry Alley.
|The new office building is entered from Church Street.
|View from NW corner of High and Washington Streets, taken some time after 1915, shows the Sheriff's House at the rear of the Courthouse. All are painted white. The steeple in the background is the Methodist Episcopal Church, now gone.
|The Jail designed in 1880 by John U. Barr.
|Double entrance doors face South Washington Street.
|The date of 1880 is carved in stone.
|Carved sandstone lintels.
|Scabbled and drafted sandstone blocks can be seen along Cherry Alley.