|The Horner farm in western Greene County is protected in perpetuity thanks to an easement donated to Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation in 2006.
|Four Greek Revival style houses in a row on West High Street, Waynesburg. All built in the 1850s.
Johnna Pro, Regional Director of Community Affairs for the PA Department of Community & Economic Development, explained that DCED has matching fund programs for community revitalization. They are very competitive, but if you have a good solid project, she wants to hear about it. DCED encourages communities to find corporate sponsors to partner with them since corporations receive tax credits through the Neighborhood Partnership Program. She also recommended the community development program of the Federal Department of Agriculture.
|Rev. John Corbly House, ca. 1796, Garards Fort, PA.
While enjoying a complementary box lunch, participants watched “Through the Place,” a feature-length documentary highlighting the history, achievements and impact of PHLF since its founding in 1964. The regional preservation story was set within the context of the preservation movement nationwide and includes comments from nationally recognized architects, preservationists, authors, and historians.