Sunday, October 25, 2020

TAKING A BREAK

 

Early 20th century postcard view of High Street in downtown Waynesburg. I've restored the second and fourth buildings on the left. The small gray house in-between was demolished for a borough parking lot. All of the buildings on the right remain. The photographer is looking west from Wood Street, originally named Whiskey Alley.

 Dear Readers,

After seven years and 47 columns, I'm taking a COVID-19 break from researching and writing the "Waynesburg Matters" column while I continue to maintain the three historic buildings in which I've invested. In all, there are 15 rental units.  

I'd like to research and write about more local architectural treasures sometime in the future. Until then, please enjoy my past columns and continue to advocate for historic education and preservation. 

Mary Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment